7 Tips for Better Time Management
People are always searching for the next best thing that will help save time. You can’t ‘save’ time. There is no time bank where you make a deposit of seconds or hours and cash it in when you need to get more. We all get 24 hours a day.
Here are 7 tips to do that:
- Create a daily plan of how you’d like your day to go and stick to it.
- In creating that plan, schedule time for interruptions because they are going to happen.
- Have several clocks in your work area so that you stay aware of time and it’s passage. I have three clocks in my work area-large and small.
- Batch like tasks together so that you get in the flow of what you are working on.
- Think of ways you can end a meeting 15 minutes early. Stick to the agenda and stay on task.
- Leave some space between meetings and tasks so that you can wrap up the last activity and start up on the next.
- Track your time-Is it really taking you 15 minutes to get something done or 45? Time tracking helps you become more realistic about where and how you use your time.
Margo Crawford is a Productivity Coach and Professional Organizer with Wave Productivity. She works with entrepreneurs, small business owners and business professionals to help them get more focused, organized and productive in their workplace. She coaches nationally by phone and in person in Arizona, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. To get more productive and organized in your office, call 602-677-8275 or email email@example.com