Every year there are tons of questions about goal setting.
Are goals good to have? Yes! You should try to set goals. Goals are a roadmap to your future.
Is it worth the effort? Yes! It is worth the effort. You’ll be thanking your future self for putting in the time and effort.
Should I even try to set goals? Yes! You should set goals. Without goals, you’ll be swept away by tides and currents that flow through your life.
Here are five steps to goal setting.
- Set Clear Objectives-make your goals SMART-specific, measurable, actionable, relevant, and time-bound.
- Break Down Goals-break down your goals into strategies and next action steps in a clear and concise way
- Review– Regularly check your goals and find ways to correct your actions if you are not getting the results you want or need.
- Track Your Progress-Whether it’s a revenue goal or a new project. Be sure to track your progress in some way to determine if you are moving ahead.
- Celebrate-Celebrate in your successes. You’ll hit milestones throughout the year. Celebrate your success throughout the year so that you can enjoy the smaller steps you are taking. (I’ll talk about milestones in my next blog-stay tuned.)
Start the year off right. If you would like my goal-setting ebook, email me and I’ll send you a goal workbook to help you with these steps.
Each year since beginning the Wave Productivity blog I’ve written about goals. More importantly, I’ve worked with amazing coaching clients throughout the year to help them reach their goals. The work is amazing!
While it may seem easy to do each step it can be daunting and overwhelming. You don’t have to do it alone. Check out my goal-setting package to help you have a successful year.
Margo Crawford is a Productivity Coach with Wave Productivity. She works with entrepreneurs, small business owners and business professionals to set and achieve. Contact Margo today to discuss how you get 2024 off to a great start and end the year with success. [email protected]